Having an inspection performed ahead of time is always beneficial. Eventually your buyers are going to conduct an inspection!
- It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical third-party.
- Knowledge is power….in your hands.
- It permits you to make repairs ahead of time so that defects won’t become negotiating stumbling blocks later.
- You have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself, if qualified.
- It may encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
- It may alert you of items of immediate personal concern, such as inactive smoke detectors.
- It may relieve prospect’s concerns and suspicions.
- It adds to the supporting documentation for your disclosure statement.
- Alerting you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.